"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."
- Nick Lappos, Chief R&D Pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft.
In addition to the terms in the Warhammer 40k rules, I tend to reuse the
same terms often enough to warrant explaining them.
- Engagement - When one or more of one player's units attempt to destroy
one or more of their opponent's units. Engagements can be either shooting
or fighting. As far as this work is concerned, the same two units can be
involved in two separate engagements, as the act of charging ends the shooting
engagement, and starts the fighting engagement.
- Fighting - Close Combat
- Mass - A concentration of force
- Mass Army - The army in any game with a greater percent of its points invested
in guns and wounds.
- MEQ - Marine Equivalent. A Model with WS, BS, S, T 4, and a 3+ Save
- Mobility - The ability of an army to move
- Mobile Army - The army in any game with a greater percent of its points in
movement enhancement effects.
- Shooter Guys - A generic term for infantry, esp. those with guns. Coined
by Shawn's 3-year-old son Erik
- Shooting - The act of having your unit fire upon an enemy unit.
- Superiority - On some scale, having the better odds of winning an